Thursday, February 23, 2012

i. gratitude.

Starting a new series here. For the past year or so I've been learning about gratitude. About what life looks like when giving thanks for ALL things. This journey has led me to learning about joy. I believe it will be a forever journey and I hope I continue to learn many new things. And even for that, I am grateful.

I am also grateful for a special someone. Yes, Chad, for you I am VERY grateful. But this someone is a woman. My forever friend, my sisterlove. I struggle with calling her my sister-in-law. It just doesn't sound as nice. And I feel like Amy is more than that. Growing, I never had a sister. But from the first time I met her, she was that for me. I only pray I am that for her. One of the many things that make me grateful for her are her two beautiful girls. Being in their life from day one has been life changing; for all of us, I know. I have the greatest honor of being their aunt. I can't wait for the day she can be called aunt by my children. They will love her. Of that, I am sure.

I didn't mean for this to have so many words. I guess that's just how grateful I am. But I went from living in the same house as her, to living over one thousand miles away. Ick. So this new series is for us to keep in touch and continue to find things that make us grateful.

I stumbled on this blog and felt incredibly inspired. Right away I had the idea to do something like this with Amy. So for now the theme of all of our photos will be gratitude, since I am convinced the list is never ending and we will always be able to find something to be grateful for. Love you, sisterlove.

grateful for: snow, roommates.
Here is what she had to say when she sent me her photo..
Snow. Believe it or not I am grateful for snow. Never really thought i would say that. Seeing the joy and excitement on my girls faces every time it snows.....takes on a whole new meaning now. Especially in this weird winter we are having....where snow is scarce, the excitement has been taken up a notch. :)

No comments: