Saturday, November 30, 2013

when I almost destroyed the pie.

we haven't been keeping up with our resolution to try new places to eat because when you're growing a human inside of you, it's better to just play it safe and familiar (and all the mommas said amen). we did however feel up to try a new place in mid-city called 3 Potato 4 and we were definitely fans. their big thing is fries, but they're baked and all of the ingredients used in everyyythinnng are very well thought out and healthy. the only thing in the entire place that wasn't vegan was, well, us. (: but no matter. I felt great afterward so I'll for sure be back. it will be a place we can take future visitors because it's something you don't see everywhere.

I definitely succeeded in continuing to forget to take photos, so I don't have anything to show for it. I'll just blame it on the pregnancy brain this time.

which, by the way, I'm learning is totally a real thing, Lord help. and also, hormones. I never really gave them enough credit and I'm still not happy to, but their ability to make a girl sad at the drop of a hat is incredible. if it weren't for the fact that they make this miracle inside of me take place, I'd question what God had in mind there. I'm a firm believer that we have more control over our responses than we realize, but pregnancy throws you for a loop once in a while (it really hasn't been so bad thus far, so please don't think I'm crying all of the time, ha). needless to say, I'm very thankful for grace. (;

speaking of being thankful.. our friends hosted Thanksgiving and a bunch of us pitched in dishes for a big, tasty meal. we supplied the cheesy potatoes and pumpkin pie, which I almost nailed until my oven mitt made it IN the hot filling. I guess all that matters is the fact that it was edible and reminded me of my grandma's pie.

it was a real blessing to have somewhere to gather since our family is in Michigan. we're grateful for friends near and far and that we never really have to be alone.




friendsgiving. complete with flower crowns because, well, those are always a good idea.

hope you all had a great holiday.
love..


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course i love this! send he some pix? <3 friendsgiving <3

Unknown said...

Of course i love this! send he some pix? <3 friendsgiving <3

Unknown said...

Of course i love this! send he some pix? <3 friendsgiving <3