Wednesday, December 04, 2013

christmastime is here.

and I'm pretty happy about it.






Chad so graciously let me decorate before Thanksgiving this year so I started adding a few things here and there. I go for simple.. to avoid lots of clutter in our tiny house that already has enough. we'll be in Michigan for most of December (yes!), so I've really been wanting to enjoy our own Christmasy home for a bit before we leave. especially since every Christmas from here on out is probably going to be a lot different. (: 


and this is our sad, little tree. we never could figure out which pesky bulb was making that whole middle section not light up. I ended up turning the whole tree a little to an angle that doesn't really show it as much so I could actually decorate. can't really complain too much about a seven dollar pre-lit tree (after Christmas clearance!) that has been a champ for the first few years of our marriage. maybe it's time for a big girl tree soon. (; or maybe even venture into the real trees. haven't had one of those since I was little and it made our whole family sick, ha. but really, seven dollars? hard to beat.

I'm also planning on making these little cinnamon ornaments in the next few days because, well.. CINNAMON. am I right? and I found a little pine scented soy candle at Target that surprisingly makes our house smell like a real tree. I haven't even had to light it yet. cinnamon and pine.. if you close your eyes, you just might think you're in Michigan.

and just for fun, here's a video from our first (married) Christmas in our first tiny apartment in Michgian.




so, what are your favorite holiday traditions?
love..

4 comments:

-dad said...

That is AWESOME!!! Live the tree on the vw..! I think you need a new video with the three if you in your tiny house!! Love you

- :) said...

Or... LOVE the tree and ...the three OF you...
...far thumbs...

LaurenFaye said...

So lovely! I look forward to makin some Christmas decos this year too!! I like the idea of cinnamon scented...hmmm...
We have our "first (big girl) tree" this year! So sweet <3

-daddy-O said...

are you serious? "far thumbs"?? fat, Fat, FAT!!! ...sigh
This started as a comment on how "short" your hair looks then compared to now-- but now serves as a resignation from commenting on the iPhone... Apparently my thumbs are to ...'far'...
Love you, kid. Happy Check-up tomorrow!