Monday, January 16, 2012

january differences.

Hello friends and family, hope your Monday has been a good one. We've been settling back in to city-life after being in Michigan for two and a half weeks And I've been struggling to update this internet space of ours. It seems I've been struck with a case of homesickness with a dash of culture shock; which is weird because I didn't feel such an insecurity before our Christmas trip. God is up to teaching me many things as a result and is speaking to Chad to encourage me through it. Hub still isn't working so I am very grateful that he's been close for comfort. I'm really okay, it's all just still an adjustment for me still I think. Thank you to those who have sent little text messages of encouragement and prayer. I'm grateful for your thoughtfulness.


Just thought I would give a little update on the month of January so far. It is so different here in the south. We've actually had a couple days where we felt too hot while sitting on the balcony. Before you respond with disgust and jealousy, know I didn't enjoy it. :) I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I miss the snow (WHAT). I know. But just as I tell you in Michigan to be joyful in all circumstances and embrace the cold, snowy weather, I too am learning to be joyful in the south. It's a journey. Bear with me. <--Yes I did google that phrase just to make sure I had the correct spelling.

{a not so great phone photo, sorry bout it}

Unfortunately we couldn't see as many people as we would have liked to during our Michigan stay but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that we did get to see. Thanks for pouring into our lives and making sure we could schedule a hang out. The effort is appreciated and we love you all. Hopefully next time we can see some more familiar faces (Jen Ingram, I still didn't get to see you! I'm really glad you have family down here. :)) We were able to see lots of family though, and had great days laughing with and chasing (pretty sure their all time favorite is chasing) our nieces around the house, which I'm convinced was really good for our hearts. Lisamom wanted a new photo for her wall so my dad came over one day and got this great shot.


This family blesses me more than I can even begin to tell you. I am a super blessed wife. I think I have THE best in laws in the entire world. Not to mention an amazing husband. And how is it that those two girls just keep getting cuter?! You say one day that they couldn't get any more beautiful and then BAM, they throw out some more cute the next time you see them. Here's their pretty mommy.


Right, so January. In the south. Look at all of this yummy fruit (that actually tastes good)! I'm not used to that in the winter.


The weekend we got back, the Lions were here. That's all I really have to say about that. Here's a blimp. (:


I've also been working a little bit on some more things to come for the etsy shop. The motivation hasn't been up to par but I'll get back in the swing of things I'm sure. Take a look though, I posted a couple new jewelry pieces the other day and should have a few more treasures up this week.


We've also been spending time with new friends; another thing I'm very grateful for down here. I went out with Emily and Gideon (or Gidebop, as I like to call him sometimes) to take some photos for his birthday invitations. This little man is going to be one in a month and his super great mommy is throwing him the ultimate sock monkey party! He is always so happy and knows how to snatch your heart right up. I'll leave you with his adorable little face.


Keep choosing joy, friends and family. ali

No comments: