Tuesday, June 11, 2013

happy mail.



today was such a happy mail day! no more hole-y rain boots. (: a must in New Orleans.

anyone heard of Roma Boots? I first heard about them from my friends in Romania. for every pair of boots sold, a new pair is donated to a child in need, sort of like Toms shoes. the neat thing about the boots though, is that the company works with Roma communities like the one we worked with on our trips to Romania. also, a percentage of their sales go towards helping the children break out of their cycle of poverty and despair. love it. the founder was born in Romania in an area much like the one I worked with, so you can imagine how excited I was to hear about this company.

anyway, I'm not trying to sell anything, I just found it all so neat and thought I'd share it with you.  (sounds like they're doing lots of good in Moore, OK right now too!) there's a video on the website that will give a little more insight.. romaboots.com. definitely worth watching. seeing all of the photos takes me back to that hospital. love that place.

thanks goes to Chad's parents for the wonderful birthday gift. his momma loves to spoil me. (;

watch: roma boots.
read: a holy experience.
listen: he is faithful | bryan and katie torwalt.
love..

No comments: